Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Granny's Cookin Recipe Book

Here is the beginnings of Granny's Cookin' Recipe Book that I will fill with recipe files from Creative Kuts.  The book, itself, has been totally made from scratch and I included the binding mechanism that I purchased from Paper Phenomenon.  

The pages will be 8x8 in size and will include either print and cut files or svg files.  As of now, I am probably going to use the We R Memories Memory Keepers Fuse tool to create the plastic inserts for the cards.

Here is what I have done so far; and I was/is quite happy with the results.  Now, I was in tears on Monday morning when I noticed tears in the end binding along where it folds, but have corrected the problem.  (I believe I will be purchasing pre-made mini-albums and decorating them from now on!!)






On the binding mechanism I had to use Glossy Accents to 'glue' it to the back cover, but if I make this again, I will wait until after I have inside of back cover decorated so I can bring the paper up under the mechanism.  All because it's held by two paper clasps that are not holding very tight.

I will be creating a title Granny's Cookin' with a Grandma cutfile that will be placed on the front cover.  But with DT duties I have not got it cut out; plus I am working on a mini-album for my granddaughter who is expecting in May 2016.

Thank you for stopping by to visit with me, and have a blessed day.

No comments: