Saturday, August 03, 2013

Kraftie Kre8ations Design Team newst member - ME


 
Kraftie Kre8ations is proud to have this opportunity to introduce our "new design team" members.   We have a talented group of ladies starting this month.  Here is there opportunity to introduce themselves and for us to allow them to truly shine.  Just wait until you see what they have to show you on this hop!

Our sponsor for this hop is



 *****************************


Carolyn here as one of new members on the Design Team for Kraftie Kre8ations which is found Here and for this Hop I have ask to create ATC's that shows who I am and what my style is.  And I will be answering a few questions about my style - what I like or don't like, etc.


My very first ATC project ever.  Using my Silhouette Studio DE program, I merged this png image of a bird cage to the mat, and placed  it onto the Silhouette file of a printed page.  Than I stamped a butterfly onto the cage along with  flowers on two corners; and the sentiment 'Hello" along the edge.  The Bird is a file I have in my personal stash that I re-sized and cut out and set approximately the branch.

*************

A recent project I completed:


I just completed this card for my collection.  I love creating cards because I can use so many designs or styles.  This one I embossed the mat and than layered two more mats with the digi stamp printed on the top mat.  I colored with various markers as I do no have big collection of one i.e. Copics.  I did use Copic and Stampin Up ink markers with this image.

***************
What is your scrapbook "kryptonite"? (What style/color/etc. will people never see on your creations because you cannot deal with it???)

Answer:  this question is hard to answer!  When it comes to borders for my pages, I would like them  to come straight across the page.  When cutting a file for a border, it frustrates me to have to re-do  the file on the virtual mat so it will cut correctly.  Waste a lot of minutes when I have to re-do a file to my liking.  I won't use glitter on my scrap pages as I'm not into to much glitter; unless I find that it's needed for popping it.

***************

This is my 2nd recent project that I just completed. I love to create mini-albums and really happy to have the project turn out great as this one seem to be - for me anyhow.  It is title 'Hangin Out' with three or four pages after the front cover, the center page and between the center section and back page.  I used my Cinch to bind the album, and so proud of how it came out.  But when I create another album, I will bind after the title is placed.  All cardstock and design paper from my personal stash.  I also added butterflies using a 3-punch butterfly punch. 



**************

What do you listen to or watch while you're scrapping and WHY?

Answer:  mostly the t.v. is on for background noise, as quiet 'bugs' me.  LOL  Once my sister goes back to work, I will play my Country Music as I love Country and it perks me up.  I enjoy listening  to more of the modern Country musicians while my sister enjoys the older (1960's) Country
entertainers.

*************



This is a scrap book layout that I created for my granddaughter's scrapbook.  The 12x12 mat is a cut of  a scalloped edge with design paper from my stash.  The sentiment is a cut file I downloaded from unknown website (can't remember!!) and when I seen the sentiment I immediately thought of my granddaughter, who in this photo is ready for her first school dance.  I also cut the doiley with my Cameo.

**************

How do you jump start your creativity when you find that is is missing?

Answer:  hummm - I know, before I went on vacation back in May/June my creative juices was slow.  By taking some time off and doing for myself I was ready to get back to work on my projects 
especially working on a mini-album for my grandson's senior year in high school.  When walking the  dog in the mornings I will be thinking about what I have to create for the design teams I am on, and
what shape or design to create for that particular project.  I get up away from the computer to work on another project or relax for a few minutes.

At what time of day are you most creative, or do you prefer to create?

 Answer:  I'm most productive in the mornings, before lunch time.  Creating files for my store is done when an idea pops into my head.  I can create a card base (i.e. easel cards) in one setting, or a mini- album at another setting.  Sunday's devoted to voluntarily work on another website/blog which can be 3-4 hours in duration.

****************


I enjoy creating scrap book layouts for my grandchildren.  And grandson played football all four years of high school.

My favorite  projects would be card making with a close 2nd of scrapbooking.  Creating ATC's was out of my 'comfort zone'.  I have so many scrapbooks in progress, I sometimes feel over whelmed, but take it one at time.
****************

What is your favorite technique(s) to use right now and why?  What are some tried and true techniques you love to use?

Answer:  Coloring techniques - I normally color with  ink markers but plan to use a new technique as I was reading a blog where someone use nail polish for coloring..  Would like to try this 
especially since I live in an area where I have to travel over an hour to visit a known craft store for
supplies.  Another technique I use is creating my labels, punches, etc with my Silhouette Cameo.  I
have tried using bleach in my crafting along with chalk.  I about use it all when or where I can. Tried 
true techniques:  coloring with ink markers (and sometimes watercoloring using the ink markers) is 
what I usually use.  I love shape cards and will try creating a different shape card when the design/digi will work into the project.  I will read blogs about different techniques and try them out and if they work, will use again.  But if they don't work for me, I only use it once.  I love pop-up cards and will create a project (in fact, just thinking of pop up cards has given me an idea for the next project here!)

Here is the "hopping" order:

Shavon Borders:http://scrappingvon.blogspot.com/ START HERE


*****************

Thank you for stopping by and reading my lengthy blog today.  Stop on over at Kraftie Kreations Blog and meet the team.


17 comments:

C'est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC said...

Excellent hop! I’m so excited to get to know you all better and to serve on the KK8 DT with you.

La-Vie B.
Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

Golden Goddess Designs said...

great projects. the first day layout is especially beautiful!

Creations By Creativevon said...

Great work.I love the layouts

Anonymous said...

Fantastic layouts.. It's nice to know you better "g-ma".. :-)

Scrappin' Sista said...

Thanks for sharing your crafty genius with us. Congratulations on making the design team. I love all your projects. Thanks so much for sharing. Blessings to you!

Scrappy hugs,
Christel a.k.a. Scrappin' Sista

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing your work. You know I've only used digi stamps a couple of times. I really would like to start using them more. Thanks for the inspiration!

Annmakes said...

what a pleasure it is to visit your post, hopping on...

Brenda Wooten Porter said...

Carolyn, it's nice to get to know you! I have a sister named Carolyn! I love your projects!! such great detail and colors!! thanks for sharing your projects and your life with us!

http://craftybrowneyes.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

wonderful work! I never did an ATC either! Love what you did. Sounds like you do a lot with digital stuff - I have never used any didital in my scrapping as I am very kinesthetic and love the entire tactile experience. That's great that you are good with those alcohol markers - I can't seem to get the hang of coloring with them and that blending pen. And pop-up cards - wow! Can't wait to see more of your work.

Shalana said...

Your ATC is sooo cute!! I recently tried coloring. Not the best at it but will continue working on it as i love the projects I see with coloring being used.

CADC Blog said...

Love the cover of the mini album & the football layout.
Great job!

MMDesi9ns said...

Loved your ATC card!! and welcome to the team granny ma we are so glad to have you.

JustMaxine55 said...

cute projects!

cmigo crafting said...

Love all of your creation especially the football my son played for 9 years and graduated high school in 2005 and I'm still trying to scrap all of his stuff

Tara Mason said...

Love all your creations! Especially love the football layout!

Unknown said...

Great job on ur first ATC card!

Cheri said...

Oops. I put that comment in the wrong place lol. I really like your fun mini album. TFS.

Cheri - John 3:16
www.djssundries.blogspot.com