Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Mirror Mirror --- Mother's Day Challenge

 

Mirror Mirror

will be available at:


This was really cute to cut out and create.  Here is what I done: 

I loaded the image into my Silhouette Studio Designer Edition, traced it to remove the white background, and than printed it on my HP printer.  Once it was printed, I placed on a mat and inserted into my Cameo for cutting out...actually just made sure the cut style was selected first, and than cut around.  First make sure the registration marks is selected so the Cameo can locate it to cut correctly.

Using my Spectrum Noir markers I colored in shades of blue with the shoes and belt colored black and than filled in with a black gel-pen to hopefully give it the patent look.  

I'm not sure what software I used to create the card base and the 2 mats but it's a oval shape card base and the oval frame mats  layered onto the card.  The standing mirror I found on the SilhouetteAmerica.com online store.

Placing the mirror onto the card stock with the oval frame mats centered over it, I than placed the image on foam tape to the right.  While in Wal-mart shopping, I located the ribbon flowers in the ribbon section of the sewing department, purchased some cute ones, and placed the two ribbons flowers onto the lower left of the frame mat.  The swirly flouish, located on my SSDE software, I made it smaller and cut out and placed onto the top left of the mat.

I did not place a sentiment on the front...thought it looked great without.  It would make a great card for birthdays or Mother's Day...for someone special in you life.

Thank you for stopping by and hugs to all on this dreary rainy day.

No comments: