Monday, January 07, 2013

Challenge #23 Anything Goes

After the holidays and the theme for this challenge is Anything Goes so I chose to create a Explosion Box from a svg cut file from Platypus Creek Digitals.com which was easy to cut.  I cut the main body out of white poster board I purchased at a dollar store...it's 11x14 in size, so really do not need to trim it to fit the cutting mat...I let it hang over the bottom edge when cutting..

My picture is not the best and apologize for this but it was the time of day and taking a picture in the kitchen, at least today, did not work out too well.

 

Box put together and have a small ribbon attached to it to carry the box.  Rather than glue the flaps on the lid together, I punched a small hole and inserted brads.  Did glue the designer paper to the poster board....

 

This is the inside of the Explosion box...I used washi tape to accent the flaps and other two sides I added mats.  The center is a flower from a card kit.  The Butterfly is also from the same card kit and I used gems down the center of the Butterfly and popped it up with foam tape.

Thank you for stopping by, and hugs to all.

No comments: