Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Birthday card for a Friend

A friend will be having his birthday tomorrow, June 15th and I created a birthday card for him using pocket knifes as a theme since he collects them.

IMG_0058

Front of the card one layer was scored to make a criss-cross pattern (sorry can’t come up with the actual name) and I used chalk to cover over the cardstock after rubbing on some versamark so the chalk will adhere to it.  Card base is from Stampin! Up as well as part of the knife.  I found the pic of pocket knives on a website, downloaded and used on another layer.  The sentiment “Have a Knife Day” is printed and than punched with a scalloped punch.  The knife shown on front was cut out using SCAL2.

IMG_0059

I used the same background of knives like on front, and the sentiment is from Stampin! Up and I shaded around the card stock with Blue Bayou from Stampin! Up.
The next birthday card project I am working on is for my grandson who will be 17 on the 15th of June…it is…. you’ll see it in the next day or so.  I’m late..but intentional as I don’t get paid ‘till next week and the birthday cash will be sent with his card.

Thank you for stopping by.  You will be able to see these photos on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cmsmith46580, and on www.splitcoaststampers.com in the gallery. 

Please stop by http://diecutdesigner.com/forum and check out what’s available in the store and look around in the gallery at the beautiful work done by designers.

No comments: