Thursday, November 18, 2010

I have completed the birthday card for my step-daughter who will turn 40 on December 4th.  Actually the card svg is one I shared with you and I used my Make the Cut software to create this card and the embellishments.  My SCAL2 and Cricut Personal does not work well with Windows 7 and the generic USB driver I downloaded from Craftedge only works with Make the Cut when I unplug the USB cable from the USB port (I believe there is an issue with the USB Serial converter !)  Also it's time to bite the bullet, and buy a Cricut Expression but I am going to be spending  three months with my daughter-in-law and family in Kansas and seeing my son come home from Iraq in March, the money for the Expression is not in the budget.  Enough of my ramblings...here's the pic of the birthday card...


I have attached the card to piece of cardstock giving it stability and also be able to use envelope I already have in my stash...I would have to create a envelope for the smaller version and trying to finish up my Christmas cards, go to Mississippi for a couple days, and get back to pack for my trip to Kansas...didn't want to create the envelope.

Hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.

No comments: